Tuesday, January 08, 2013

RuneScapes Player Owned Ports - Update

So... I've been following my own advice which has gone well. I've also been trying to level up according to materials, working on things that require bamboo or lower, slate or lower. I'm finding it's not as easy as I once thought.

I've upgraded most things to slate and lower. Next up is cherrywood. I've also created a calculator for ports/ships to show what's been done as far as ports/ships, how much material has been used, and what's needed for further levels.

As far as buildings in the port, my current levels are:

Renovated Bar (the more upgraded the bar, the better quality crew)
Upgraded Office (the more upgraded the office, the more ships and voyages)
Upgraded Workshop (workshops give the ability to create the new armors, Tetsu, Death Lotus, and Sea Singer)
Renovated Lodgings (lodgings attract better quality crew)
Renovated Shipwright (shipwrights give bonuses on ships)
Refurbished Warehouse (warehouses give better return on resources)
No totem hotspots (hotspots will do many different things, you can scroll down to see the different effects)
Icon Hotspot (Icon hotspot will attract different adventurers if you have the level for them)
Nautical Portal (this gives no bonus, but it sure is pretty, only upgrade if you either have the extra resources for it or really really really want your portal to look pretty. No one else will see it unless you record it for youtube)

I'll post the ship upgrade later today. While I was writing this out, I got two in and sent them right back out again. Silly me.

One more thing that might help you is a website called www.timer-tab.com. This is especially helpful if you're doing something that has a lot of text, for example, fighting dragons, or fletching, or woodcutting, it's also great if you're in and out of the game just working on your Player Owned Ports.

I also did the God Statues too, I have some pics, I'll upload them soon. No guide this time, it's pretty self explanatory.

No comments: