Wednesday, October 11, 2006

(Mewoko) First post

Hey all. Yet another writer for you to listen to. *waves*

I have my own blog, but it's for a different game. Feel free to look at it if you'd like. And I'll answer any questions you have about it...about Runescape too, of course.

I first started playing Runescape in 1998, before sounds, before the ability to make different types of attacks, back when there was only one type of pickaxe, and we were fine with that. If you told someone that RS might open up a P2P section, you'd get a laugh, because Runescape was always known as being pretty much the only good MMORPG that people didnt have to pay for.

Anyways, I played as an addict for a while... *cough*Tom*cough* but since then, I've been off and on. I cant tell you how weird it was to switch from the original Runescape (which people now call "RS Classic"... *sigh*) to the 3D version of Runescape.
I remember trying to pick up the environment sprites over and over again...I still do if I'm not paying attention, even though I'm fully aware they cant be picked up and dont make a red dot on the minimap.

So yeah, that's me.

Back when I played, a lot of people chose to separate between those in the champion's guild, and those who weren't. And practically no one believed in being an all-around character. Kudos to Tom for being one. So I was the abnormal one, the one who insisted on leveling up cooking when everyone else was fighting in the wilderness...



Anything that's happened to you on the game, it's happened to me at one point.
I was been lured into a couple of scams as a newbie.
I've been killed in level 2 of the wilderness, the one time i decide to bring a few hundred of different runes, a few nature and a few law, and some nice armor, in case i decided to fight. But I never dreamed I'd die in level 2.
Note that this was before the restriction that makes a character be of a certain strength or defense to wear great armor or wield the better weapons.

So I've been through it all, and anything you have to ask, you can ask me.

I'm just introducing myself to the blog.
Ciao for now.

-Mewoko

No comments: