Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A female perspective.....finally!

I have been meaning to post on here for a while and never seemed to get around to it. Whenever I had some free time, I wanted to spend it in the game! But I find that today I have some time and so here it is, my first post. I promise not to let so long go by before I post again.

So let me tell you a little bit about myself (or rather my rs character). Obviously, I am a girl and I am a member. I've been playing rs since about March and I really enjoy it. There are times when I like it more than others, but I think we all feel that way. Sometimes you have really good days in rs and others are not so good. Recently, I had a very good day. I finally finished dragon slayer! Isn't it funny how sometimes you dread something and when you finally do it, it turns out not to be so bad? That is how it was with dragon slayer, I finally went to do it and I loaded my inventory with lobbies..... Guess what? I only used maybe a third of them! And I probably ate more than I needed to. Oh well. I think from now on I won't wait so long to do things I'm worried about. It was great to achieve one of my goals: All non-member quests completed! I also raised my combat from 53 to 56 in the course of doing the quest. Not so bad at all!

There are a ton of things that I want to share with you all, but I am going to try not to put too much in this first post. I gotta leave you wanting more, right?! I think right now I will share a little bit with you about how it is to be a REAL girl in rs. I say real because you may not know this but many of the "female" characters on rs are actually boys pretending to be girls! Kind of crazy, huh? Apparently they do this to try and get free stuff from you guys! So beware :) What does that mean for those of us who are really girls? I'm not sure to tell you the truth. But I do think it is different for girls in rs. For one thing, I can't tell you how many times a day someone asks me to be their gf (girlfriend, if you were wondering)! I get followed around and basically harassed A LOT! Now that I am in the hiscores, I find I get a lot more random messages from other players. Some of them are asking me to be there gf- now these people may never have even seen my character! That brings up the main thing about this whole gf/bf thing in rs. Do people honestly think that I AM my character? Our characters are a reflection of ourselves, sure. Maybe they have some things that we wish we had or they do things we'd never do in real life. But the point is that we are NOT our characters!

Maybe this whole gf/bf thing is just a way for people to make a connection in the game. Perhaps that connection is stronger than ones with other people on your friends list, maybe not.... But I always wonder about those people you see in the banks or other populated areas who say "need bf/gf" or "looking for bf/gf" over and over and over again. Somehow it just seems so... desperate. Maybe they are just lonely? There is no doubting that rs is a great way to meet people from all walks of life. I've meet people from all over the world who I know I would never meet in real life. And I like to think I have met some great friends, truly wonderful people- Tom being one of the best (BTW, Tom one of us is going to have to tell the crazy story behind how we met!).

So now, I have met all of you and that seems like a good place to end this post. I look forward to sharing my adventures with you and perhaps getting to know you better too. Maybe next time I will talk about houses, being a member, or who knows?! Feel free to leave comments and let me know what you want to hear! Until then, happy scaping!

2 comments:

tom said...

Wow! Fantastic first post! Yeah... I'll do a post on how we first met... That was funny!

tom said...

Hey Dragon... Nice to see you... If you need any help, we'd be happy to help you...