Monday, May 08, 2006

The gems of mining in Runescape

I have found that crafting and mining have gone hand in hand (not as far as leveling of course). About 1/4th of the time I fill up, I find that I get one or two gems... sometimes people drop them and I'll pick them up too. After I'm done filling up with coal (or whatever else I'm mining at the time) I'll go to the bank and cut the gems. I am able to cut Sapphire, Emeralds, and now Rubies. I'm not able to make Amulets of Strength yet (you have to be level 50 in order to make a Ruby Amulet) but I can make a Ruby Ring.

I wasn't sure on how to make an amulet so, I had to figure out this myself... Now I'll pass the info on to you!

Take one gem (or if you're at a crafting of 23 or below, just do gold (you have to be level 24 in order to make a sapphire ammy, level 31 to make a emerald ammy and 50 in order to make a ruby ammy)), one gold ore(must be level 40 in mining, or you can buy a gold bar from someone else), one piece of wool (from sheep), and one amulet mold (this can be found at the craft store in either Rimmington or Al Kahrid, and sometimes the barbarians drop them in the Barbarian Village).

Cut the gem with the chisel, smelt the gold ore and make it a gold bar (unless you bought the gold bar, if not, it's again level 40 smithing to smelt the gold), take the sheeps fleece to a spinning wheel and click on the piece of wool and then the spinning wheel to make a ball of wool. And make sure that you have the amulet mould in your inventory.

So now you should have in your inventory 1 gem (if your level is high enough), 1 bar of gold, 1 ball of wool, and 1 amulet mould.

Go to a furnace and click on the gold, then the furnace. A screen will show up and allow you to click on the amulet you want to make. It'll be a gold circle or a gold circle with a blue, green, or red dot in the middle.

After you make the choice... Your amulet has been made. Now click on the amulet, and then the ball of wool.

This will allow you to make a complete amulet that you can cast Enchant Level 1 on. For Sapphires... you can make Ammy of Magic. If you aren't a member... you cant enchant the emerald ammy into anything. If you are level 50... you can enchant the ruby amulet into an ammy of strength.

I usually store my gems up to 10 at a time, mine the gold, and keep a large stock of balls of wool in the bank and some cosmos runes too. I also have a staff of magic so I don't need to buy water runes. Then I do like 20 (it's usually 10 sapphire, 7 emeralds, and 3 rubies(the rubies I turn into Ruby Rings)) or so at a time, helping me level up my mining, crafting, and magic all at the same time.

A side note: If you decide to sell them at a general store... strung and unstrung amulets sell at the same price... so I wouldn't bother stringing them if you're going to sell them at the general store.

Last but not least... you can sell an ammy of magic for anywhere between 500 Gp and 1k Gp and an unenchanted Sapphire Amulet for anywhere between 100 and 200 Gp (although I think this may be off)

No comments: