Monday, May 01, 2006

Three Item Rule Revisited

I have found (last night as a matter of fact) that the three item rule does not apply in all cases. I was in the wilderness with three items that I value very much. First was my Mith Plate, the second was my Mith Shield, and third was my Addy Long Sword. I figured I was fine going out in the wilderness (wild or wildy to Runescape players) with my three items. I was fine too. I am at almost level 50 total combat. I went out with someone who is around level 30. I thought it would be a good idea to go around the campers at the entrance to the wildy and go pk (Player killer) hunting. We ended up in level 47 (at the top of the wildy) and went looking for someone mining mith. There was no one there, so we went to check out the lesser demons and try to raise our levels on this level 92 beast. I must have somewhere in there clicked on my friend on accident because I saw myself hit him and I quickly moved away and apologized. He said it was okay and we started planning our attack. I of course got the scull and crossbones above my head for attacking someone. I went over to the lesser demon and started attacking. He followed and started attacking too. We (to my surprise) took about half of its hitpoints off. We did some good damage for being half of its level. I ended up having about 6 hp after that little battle. I went over to the west to rest. I had no sooner started resting, when all of the sudden I saw 3 pkers comming out of the west. Looking back on it, I think they saw the lesser demon with only half hitpoints and figured someone had JUST been there attacking. They were right. I saw them on the radar and tried to run. I couldn't move at all. I kept clicking. Nothing. They had cast bind on me. Since I had the scull and crossbones above my head, I had lost everything. Oh well. I had 300k in the bank. I had to buy a Rune sword this morning. I am going to start leveling up my def and str so I can wear rune. Only 5 levels right? ... Ugh.

One good thing happened to me though. I can now enter the mining guild (with the aid of a dwarven stout). I'm level 59 mining. I went in there and figured everyone would be taking my coal. Totaly opposite. If I went to a coal and I was the first there... everyone else avoided it the rock. Not like in the Dwarfs Mine, or the Barbarian Village, or in the Scorpion Pit. There are like 50 coal rocks there. There are also about 5 Mith rocks too, which are always up for grabs (the first to mine it gets it). Funny though... there are a LOT of higher levels in there. I've seen up to level 107 (if not... very close to that.) I've also seen a lot of level 80's in there. I feel like a noob walking in there with only a level 48 or 49... Maybe I need to start leveling up a little (or how about a lot).

No comments: